Monday, July 16, 2012

The Emerald Green Bottle


     Imagine this:  you are sitting in a street café in Rome, 90 degrees, in the middle of the afternoon. All you want is something cool and refreshing. The waiter brings out an unusual shaped green bottle and you are wondering if something was lost in the translation. Luckily it is just what you were looking for, a light refreshing white wine that was perfect for a long lunch and people watching.
     The wine was Fazi Battaglia Titulus, a white wine made of the Verdicchio grape. It is a beautiful straw yellow color, and the nose is crisp with a bit of citrus, peach, and apple. The mouth is light and refreshing with a bitter almond finish, typical of the Verdicchio grape. It was a great match to the Margherita pizza I ordered for lunch. This refreshing gem comes in an emerald green amphora shaped bottle. It was a perfect wine for our last lunch in Italy!!
     Once back in the states I began looking for this gem to no avail. My favorite wine shops tried, but it isn’t distributed in this part of the Midwest, so I went searching on line. I am happy to inform you that I found it at www.empirewine.com. Best of all it costs just under $12 with shipping. Now I have it to enjoy all summer. I served it at a dinner party recently and everyone enjoyed it with cheese and tomato brushetta for appetizers. Best of all, every time I see that green bottle, it takes me back to my wonderful trip to Italy.
Ciao,
Beth

No comments:

Post a Comment