Monday, November 25, 2013

Christopher's World Grill

This past weekend I was able to fly down to Texas to visit my daughter at college for a special sorority Holiday Tea. Of course, while we were there, my husband and I also took her out to a nice dinner- one that she would call "fancy".  She was so excited when we told her we were going to Christopher's World Grill because that's the "best place in town", according to our 19 year old.

Well, she had good reason to be so excited because we enjoyed a wonderful evening!


We started the evening with a couple of delicious appetizers.  The first one was the Texas Spoon Drop Crab Cake with grilled shrimp, cayenne tomato butter sauce and lime sour cream.  It was huge so there was plenty to be shared between the three of us.  We also enjoyed pan seared scallops that were so tender!
 



The wine we chose for the night was Mauritson's Rockpile Zinfandel from the Cemetery Vineyard.  I have to admit I have had this wine before so I knew we were in for a treat! It was delicious with the crabs cakes!  The nose had dark fruits and a hint of mocha.  On the palate were velvety tannins with a taste of roasted coffee yet had hints of blueberry.  Of course it was a hit with the en tree's we enjoyed also.  I selected the seafood special of the night which was a Seabass over mashed potatoes and steamed asparagus.  My husband had the stuffed pork chop with blue cheese and our daughter had the veal chop that was sauteed with bone in and she ooohh and aawwhh over it!

As we ordered the main course we opted out of salads so we could save room for desserts!  Our daughter enjoyed the Creme Brulee and we split the Almond Polente. It was a wonderful night for the three of us! 

I would definitely recommend this restaurant in Bryan, Texas!  It may be her graduation dinner in a couple of years :)!

Cheers!
Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment