Thursday, February 27, 2014

A Big Strong (Silver) Oak!

It was Valentine's Day, and we were heading to dinner with another couple at a local wine bar and restaurant.  We had not yet had the pleasure to dine there, so we were really looking forward to it, especially the wine!

My thoughtful Husband, knowing how much I love wine, had other ideas.  Before we left for dinner, he presented me with a bottle of 2008 Silver Oak Cabernet Sauvignon from Alexander Valley, to take along for dinner (http://www.silveroak.com/).  Why, you ask, did he get a bottle of wine to TAKE to a wine bar?  Well, he certainly knew what he was doing!



From the first taste, I felt like I was eating dessert before my dinner!  What an amazingly rich, delicious and well-balanced wine.  The wine is a gorgeous garnet color with a nose that makes it hard to stop sniffing and start drinking!  On the mouth, the tannins were perfectly structured with a mouthful of cherries and chocolate.  The finish was divine, like a warm winding river down my throat that went on and on.

The rest of our group tasted this wine, as well (although I found it hard to share!).  One member of our group, who typically only drinks white wine, really liked this wine!  I am always happy when a white wine drinker enjoys the taste of a red wine, since reds are typically my favorite.

I was approached by our waiter who asked, "dessert ma'am?"  My response was simple, "I started with dessert, and I plan to end with the same."

Cheers!
Mary Jo

No comments:

Post a Comment