Monday, May 13, 2013

Mother's Day - A Time To Celebrate and Be Celebrated!

Mother's Day is a beautiful day of celebrating our own Mother's and, for some, celebrating being a Mother.  I was happy to celebrate both!  On Saturday, we celebrated with dinner of chicken stuffed with spinach and Monterrey Jack cheese with parmesan au gratin potatoes.  We paired this dinner with Francis Ford Coppola's Director's Cut Chardonnay.  What a delicious wine!  This oak-aged Chardonnay was crisp with notes of vanilla and citrus.  It paired well with our dinner and is a bargain at $21.00.



The celebration did not stop there!  On Mother's Day, we spent a beautiful morning with my Mother-In-Law enjoying bagels and fruit.  The rest of the day, we decided, would be spent at home enjoying our four kids and the gorgeous Midwest weather.  I was eagerly anticipating my choice of Mother's Day wine, Isabel Mondavi Deep Rose Cabernet Sauvignon!  I had been waiting to kick off my summer with this delicious wine for weeks!  To me, this wine exudes the feel of summer.  Served chilled, it is wonderful to enjoy sitting next to the pool in the sun, which is exactly what I did.



This wine is very fruity and light, with the right balance of acidity!  It is made of 100% cabernet sauvignon and hails from Napa Valley, California.  It is hard to even look at this as wine, it is almost like a summery fruit juice!  For all the red drinkers out there, don't be turned off by the possibility of a "too sweet" wine.  As a dry red drinker myself, I still enjoy this wine and it is completely refreshing on a warm spring or summer day.  It can be paired with everything from Thai cuisine to salmon to chocolate!  What's best?  This wine can be enjoyed for around $15.00!

I'M wines are created by Isabel Mondavi's son, Robert Mondavi, Jr. in Napa Valley, California.  I'M Wines make Chardonnay, Pinot Noir and the Deep Rose.  The wines were originally made "for Mom", but quickly gained interest and have been repeat award winners.  Learn more about I'M Wines at http://www.imwines.com/press.php.

Cheers and Happy Mother's Day!

Mary Jo

Wine Word of the Week

Off dry - wine that is slightly sweet. 



No comments:

Post a Comment