Friday, May 18, 2012

Las Vegas - The Finale

After another day at the Encore pool, I decided to have lunch at Society in the Encore. With my steak salad, I enjoyed a glass of Seghesio Zinfandel. It was a wonderful wine and paired well with my lunch. At the risk of getting sleepy before our dinner, I stopped by the lobby bar and grabbed a glass of Ponzi Pinot (Oregon). I have mentioned this wine in previous blog entries. It was as delicious as I remembered it from the day before! I savored that glass as I got ready for our final Vegas dinner at the famed SW Steakhouse in the Wynn. We were meeting a large group and they were leaving me in charge of wine! Before leaving for dinner, we again met at the lobby bar (we are all on a first name basis by now) where I decided to have a glass of 2009 Oberon Cab from Napa. It was delicious! From there, we played some pre-dinner Craps where I got on a hot roll and made several people what I perceive as a lot of money! (it must be the great wine I am drinking!) Finally, we headed to the SW steakhouse for dinner. While waiting for our dinner, who showed up--Steve Wynn himself! A member of our group had a mutual friend with Wynn and spoke to him for a while. I learned the lesson that Mr. Wynn's bodyguards do not take kindly to anyone attempting to take pictures. Dinner was nothing short of perfect. Many in our group had steaks, I enjoyed Alaskan king crab legs. Side dishes included truffle corn, potatoes au gratin, and macaroni and cheese. In deciding on the wine, I employed the services of the Sommelier James. He did not steer me wrong. We had three bottles-Shea Vineyards Homer, 2009 Pinot Noir, Buccella Cabernet Sauvignon 2009 (Napa) and Roy Estate Blend 2005 (Napa). All three were amazing and right on point as to what I was seeking. All were fruity, well balanced and simply delicious. Desserts included a well presented funnel cake, ice cream caked, chocolate cake and ice cream. It was a wonderful, relaxing trip and I was lucky to have enjoyed several new wines and amazing food. Until next year, Las Vegas! Cheers!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment