Wednesday, May 16, 2012

What happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas (except for wine recommendations!)

A yearly trip to Las Vegas is usually enough for this Wino. This year is extra exciting, however, for a couple of reasons. First, I am not pregnant like I was during last year's trip. (A blessing-yes! But, Vegas is really not the place to visit when pregnant). Second, tonight a group of us will head to Mandalay Bay to Aureole for dinner.

If you aren't familiar with Aureole, it is billed as a fabulous restaurant. More importantly, though, it is known for its wine. Aureole has a four story, glass-encased wine cellar. There are "wine angels" supported by ropes who are responsible for plucking your selection from the tower of wine. I am simply giddy thinking about it. I will report back on my experience.

I have two recommendations from last evenings happy hour and dinner. Happy hour was a private event in a room overlooking the gorgeous pool at the Encore. At that time, I started with a Stratton Lumis Chardonnay. It was a perfect way to start the evening.

My next choice as we moved to dinner at Botero in the Encore was a Ponzi Pinot Noir. I have not stopped raving about this delicious Pinot since it touched my lips. Surprisingly, at 9:15 a.m. I cannot wait until later today when I can enjoy another glass of it. I highly recommend it. Details were sparse on the menu as to vintage, so I will gather that information for our SAH Winos followers.

Stay tuned for more updates from Sin City!

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment